Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Click to view my photography blog

Click to view my photography blog
Cliccare per vedere il mio blog di fotografia

IMPORTANT ---- DOWNLOADS

To download my FREE printables from 4 Shared you must either have a 4Shared account or register on the site (this is free) . This is the only way you can download my freebies saved in 4 Shared.


Per scaricare GRATIS i miei progetti salvati su 4Shared dovete avere un account con 4 Shared o registrare sul sito,( questo si fa gratis) . Questo è l'unico modo per scaricare i miei Freebies.

Monday 28 June 2010

How to make doll's curly hair using a Hairpin Loom




Making and attaching doll's hair has always been a difficult task for me . Lately I have been browsing the web for ideas on dolls' hair.  I want to make some doll angel heads with curly hair and I don't fancy sewing each single curl one by one onto  the head as I had  done before on my other fabric dolls.
I think I must have searched all over the web until I found something that attracted my attention. It was a site about a HAIRPIN LOOM ... this was new to me, it was all about Hairpin  Lace. I had never heard of this before but it interested me and so I set about making my own loom. I used the wire from a laundry clothes hanger and soon I had my own loom. After a few tries I finally managed to make what looked like a strand of evenly sized curls. This is certainly what I was looking for, it is easier to sew on top of the doll's head and the curls are approximately all of the same size. I did not follow the basic crochet instuctions as in the links below ( at the foot of this post)  but used my own method .

Creando e attaccando i capelli alle teste delle bambole di stoffa è sempre stata un impresa difficile per me. Recentemente ho fatto un giro nel web in cerca di nuove idea per i capelli ricci per bambole. Voglio realizzare delle teste per angeli con capelli ricci e non vorrei dover attaccare ogni singolo riccio uno ad uno sulla testa come avevo fatto con altre bambole.
Penso di aver cercato tutto il web prima di trovare qualcosa che mi interessava. Era un sito che parlava di Pizzo a Forcella... non avevo mai sentito parlare di questo prima. Incuriosita ho letto tutto quello che potevo e dopo poco sono riuscita a realizare la mia forcella fatta con il ferro preso da un appendiabiti, del tipo che usano in lavanderia. Dopo qualche tentativo sono riuscita a creare qualcosa che sembrava una ciocca di capelli ricci tutti della stessa misura. Era esattamente quello che stavo cercando. 
Non ho seguito le indicazioni sui link in basso ( ai piedi di questo post) ma ho creato un mio metodo personale.

 Here's my loom with my first attempt in making my angel's hair.
Ecco la mia forcella con un primo tentativo.
Close up on the yarn.
Un ingrandimento sulla lana.
The strand of curls when slipped off the loom.
Ecco la ciocca di ricci appena sfilata dalla forcella.
  The same strand twisted.
La stessa ciocca attorcigliata su se stessa.


 Here the strand is longer than the one in the previous picture 
and is sewn over and covers the head (from ear to ear)
Qui la ciocca è più lunga della precedente ed è stata cucita sopra la testa
coprendola   (da un orecchio all' altro)


This really makes the work easier and faster. If you're interested to know more about Hairpin looms and Hairpin Lace here are some links:
http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=77
http://needlenoodles.com/home/?q=node/83

Il lavoro è più facile ed anche più veloce. Se vi interessa l''argomento sul pizzo a forcella ecco alcuni siti in Italiano:
http://www.baronedirondo.com/dacopiare/forcella.htm
http://knitaly.blogspot.com/2007/07/il-pizzo-forcella-hairpin-lace.html



13 comments:

Cinzia said...

Davvero interessante, grazie Sue.
Cinzia

Unknown said...

Grazie dell'idea.
Mari

Doreen said...

WOW what a great find Sue, well done on making your own...this will be great for angel's hair I'm sure. Gotta give this a try...thanks so much for sharing such an interesting idea : )
Hugs
Doreen

Dona said...

Bellissima idea, Sue! E grazie per i link.
Un caro saluto
Dona

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [29 Jun 01:06pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Giuliana said...

Grazie per la tua gentilezza nel postare un aiuto per questi benedetti capelli :))
Ciao
Giuliana

maria antonia said...

geniale idea semplice edis icuro effetto bravissima e grazie maria antonia

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

Thank you for sharing this idea Sue. I will definately try this technique.

arlete said...

Gostei muito ,obrigada pela dica!

Unknown said...

Can this method be used to make long curls? Thanks Becky xx

Unknown said...

Can this method be used to make longer curls? Thanks Becky x

Unknown said...

love the technique you used to make yarn doll hair! super clever! I featured this post in my blog: http://www.plushiepatterns.com/curly-yarn-hair-tutorial/ Thanks for sharing, very helpful!

Sue Paula said...


Muito obrigada por compartilhar, Sue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails