Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Click to view my photography blog

Click to view my photography blog
Cliccare per vedere il mio blog di fotografia

IMPORTANT ---- DOWNLOADS

To download my FREE printables from 4 Shared you must either have a 4Shared account or register on the site (this is free) . This is the only way you can download my freebies saved in 4 Shared.


Per scaricare GRATIS i miei progetti salvati su 4Shared dovete avere un account con 4 Shared o registrare sul sito,( questo si fa gratis) . Questo è l'unico modo per scaricare i miei Freebies.

Friday 3 June 2011

Tea time and Teapots

REMINDER: The Monthly game is still open, the closing date is 25th June 2011. For details please scroll down to the post titled *Game with Points* 

Ricordatevi  che il gioco con punti e ancora aperto, la scadenza è il 25 Giugno 2011. Per sapere di più cercate in fondo alla pagina il post titolato "Gioco con punti"





 During my childhood days, 4 o'clock in my family was an important moment of the day. Taking a break for the afternoon tea was sacred to my mum and dad and  4 'o'clock was teatime in my family. There were always biscuits or a freshly baked cake to accompany this moment and on Sundays our dad would treat us with special tiny cakes which he bought from, "The Busy Bee",  the village confectionery.
Unfortunately, here in Italy, I  no longer kept this tradition but every time I go back to my native country I love that moment of getting together to have a nice cuppa' tea in the afternoon with, my mum before she passed away and now with my sister and her family, or my brother and his family whenever I go for a holiday.
I still remember how my mum prepared tea with tea leaves, that was before teabags were invented, and how important it was , according to her, to boil the water at the right boiling temperature before pouring it into the teapot. Stirring the tea and leaving it to brew for five minutes was another important rite.  Teapots! Mum had a good number of tea sets and teapots, many of them still in good conditon and are now in my sister's collection of teapots.
Talking of teapots ...  well, I just couldn't resist from showing you some of the funniest and weird designs of teapots I  have ever seen, these were all found on the web, what do you think?

Durante la mia infanzia, le ore 16:00 nella mia famiglia erano un momento importante della giornata. Concedersi una pausa per il tè del pomeriggio era sacro per mia mamma e mio papà e le 16:00 era "Tea time" per la nostra famiglia. 
Non mancavano mai i biscotti o una torta appena sfornata per accompagnare questo momento e la domenica mio padre ci comprava le paste da "The Busy Bee", la pasticceria del villaggio.
Purtroppo, qui in Italia, ho perso questa tradizione, ma ogni volta che torno a mio paese natale amo quel momento di stare insieme ai miei cari a prendere il tè nel pomeriggio.
Ricordo ancora come mia mamma  preparava il tè con foglie di tè, non c'erano ancora le bustine al epoca , e ricordo anche  quanto fosse importante, secondo lei, far bollire bene l'acqua per raggiungere la giusta temperatura  prima di versarla nella teiera. Mescolando il tè e lasciare in infusione per cinque minuti era un altro rito non meno importante. 
 Teiere! La mamma aveva un bel numero di  teiere, molti dei quali ancora in ottimo stato e che adesso fanno parte della collezione di mia sorella.
Parlando di teiere ...
Beh, non potevo resistere dal mostrarvi alcune tra i più divertenti e bizzarri che io abbia mai visto, questi sono stati trovati sul web, cosa ne pensate? 


















6 comments:

Doreen said...

What a beautiful memory sis, how I loved those 'tea times' with Mum's freshly brewed tea and her yummy cakes and Dad's special treats : )
I am very glad to say I really appreciate that you Sue and our brother were happy to let me have Mum's teapots to add to my collection of which I am very proud.
Your pics are so amusing and of all of them the first would be a preferred addition to my collection.
Your post is a really nice way to end my day of celebrating our Wedding Anniversary : )
Thanks again and God bless,
Doreen

Valeria said...

Ciao Sue..sono passata di qui per salutarti...che belli i ricordi d'infanzia...:-)
Valeria

Toffee said...

Buon fine settimana Sue

Anna said...

che belle queste teiere !!
grazie Sue ---
scusa non ho mai scritto perchè non riuscivo...

Anna said...

bellissime queste teiere!!!
Ciao Sue

Sabrina said...

Ciao Sue!!!
Bellissime queste teiere... sono davvero stravaganti, ma quella con il topolino è davvero dolcissima...
A presto... KISSES!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails