Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Click to view my photography blog

Click to view my photography blog
Cliccare per vedere il mio blog di fotografia

IMPORTANT ---- DOWNLOADS

To download my FREE printables from 4 Shared you must either have a 4Shared account or register on the site (this is free) . This is the only way you can download my freebies saved in 4 Shared.


Per scaricare GRATIS i miei progetti salvati su 4Shared dovete avere un account con 4 Shared o registrare sul sito,( questo si fa gratis) . Questo è l'unico modo per scaricare i miei Freebies.

Monday 13 February 2012

Love letters - Lettere d'amore



A packet of letters tied up with a ribbon , all still in their original envelopes...this was one of the many things I found waiting for me on my last visit to Malta in October 2011 ... the "Love" letters my husband had written to me years ago.
I had never searched for them in the many visits I made in the past.
My sister found them when she had to empty the house after my mother's passing away and among some old drawings and paintings (I loved painting then) she also found these letters.
I knew my mother had kept them for me, but strangely I always forgot to take them .
Once back home in Italy I re-read them again, and it was like being catapulted back in time. 
Going through them again, recently, made me smile. So many memories !
My husband had kept all the ones I sent to him so now, after all these years, we have the entire collection.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Un pacchetto di lettere legate con un nastro, tutte ancora nelle loro buste originali ... questa è stata una delle tante cose che ho trovato alla mia ultima visita a Malta nel mese di Ottobre 2011 ... le lettere d'amore che mio marito mi aveva scritto anni fa. 
Non le avevo mai cercate nelle numerose visite fatte in passato. 
Mia sorella le ha trovate quando ha dovuto svuotare la casa dopo che nostra madre era mancata e tra alcuni vecchi disegni e dipinti (amavo dipingere allora) ha trovato anche queste lettere. 
Sapevo che mia mamma le aveva conservate per me, ma stranamente ho sempre dimenticato di prenderli. 
Una volta tornata in Italia ho iniziato a leggerle di nuovo, ed è stato come essere catapultata indietro nel tempo. 
Rileggendole , ultimamente, mi ha fatto sorridere. Quante memorie!
Mio marito aveva conservato tutte quelle che gli avevo inviato  e così, ora dopo tanti anni , abbiamo l'intera collezione.

Buon San Valentino!


3 comments:

Aliza said...

che bello...cose d'altri tempi ormai.
Buon san Valentino anche a voi

Cinzia said...

Che bei ricordi Sue...chissà se oggi funziona ancora così...ma nn credo...romanticismo dei gg passati...
Buon S.Valentino!
Cinzia

Doreen said...

What a beautiful post sis...I am so glad you have them now and that they did not go with so many papers into the bin! But those of course were special and we had to keep them for you! As Cinzia said things are so different today, people communicate in so many different ways but most are not quite tangible like emails, sms's, etc.
A lovely idea to write about today!
Happy St.Valentine's Day to you too!
God bless,
Hugs,
Doreen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails