Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Click to view my photography blog

Click to view my photography blog
Cliccare per vedere il mio blog di fotografia

IMPORTANT ---- DOWNLOADS

To download my FREE printables from 4 Shared you must either have a 4Shared account or register on the site (this is free) . This is the only way you can download my freebies saved in 4 Shared.


Per scaricare GRATIS i miei progetti salvati su 4Shared dovete avere un account con 4 Shared o registrare sul sito,( questo si fa gratis) . Questo è l'unico modo per scaricare i miei Freebies.

Sunday 4 September 2011

Morning has Broken



MOON'S ENDING
Moon, worn thin to the width of a quill,
     In the dawn clouds flying,
How good to go, light into light, and still
     Giving light, dying.

By Sara Teasdale (1884-1933)
***

LUNA CALANTE

Luna, logorata fino alla larghezza di una penna,
      All'alba le nuvole in volo,
Quanto è bene sparire
, luce nella luce, e ancora
    emanando luce, morire.
 
  Sara Teasdale (1884-1933)

***
Last week during one of those very hot and humid sleepless nights when you toss and turn because you  find it difficult to sleep for the heat, I got up and went to the balcony hoping to breath some fresh air but all was useless. As I stood there I watched the day break and a crescent moon was still there when the very first light of dawn appeared. I silently returned inside to get my camera to capture the moment.  I called the picture "Morning has broken" just like the song by  Cat Stevens.

Notice how the dark night clouds dissolve above the moon and the pink dawn light makes its way up behind the trees. It's my very first dawn picture. I think it was worth staying awake for a change... there will be many more nights to make up for the lost sleep.

I thought that a good poem should accompany the picture on my post but it took me a few days to find what I was looking for , that's why I did not post it right away.

La scorsa settimana durante una di quelle notti molto calde , umide e insonni, quando ti rigiri nel letto perché hai difficoltà a dormire per il caldo, mi alzai per la disperazione e andai sul balcone sperando di respirare una boccata d'aria, ma tutto era inutile. Mentre ero lì ho guardato nascere un nuovo giorno , uno spicchio di luna era ancora lì quando sono apparse le prime luci dell'alba . Sono tornato silenziosamente in casa per prendere la macchina  fotografica per catturare quel attimo. Ho chiamato questa foto "Morning has broken", proprio come la canzone di Cat Stevens.

Notate come le nuvole scure della notte  si sciolgono sopra la luna e la luce rosa dell'alba si fa strada da dietro gli alberi. E 'la mia prima foto dell'alba . Penso che si è valsa la pena rimanere sveglia per una volta ... ci saranno altre notti per recuperare il sonno perso.

Ho pensato che ci voleva una buona poesia per accompagnare l'immagine sul mio post, ma mi ci è voluto qualche giorno per trovare quello che cercavo, ecco perché non l'ho posta subito.

3 comments:

Loree said...

A beautiful photo and a beautiful poem. I also love Cat Steven's song. It reminds me of my childhood.

Doreen said...

What a beautiful post sis! That's such a lovely shot you took there, really beautiful and the poem really fits with the pic...as you said it was worth staying awake for!
Hugs,
Doreen

unvololibero said...

bellissima questa foto Sue.
Quante cose belle ci perdiamo quando il sonno ci prende!! ;)E' valsa proprio la pensa rimanere sveglia!!! :)
Un abbraccio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails